Saturday, February 5, 2011

Wear your shoes, wear proper clothes, if you want to enjoy learning?




Here as we started our circle time, I had to send most of the kids back to put on shoes and pyjamas. The reason they knew because last week when I went to teach them, one of the boys had cut his foot on glass while he was running towards me to shake hands. When I saw him he was crying.  I got him to clinic but it was not a good one so I just got the dressings and bandages for him.
In circle time I explained the benefits of wearing shoes and taking care of themselves.

Yesterday was E for elephant. We did actions for elephant and distributed the worksheet which was fun.
Things I observed : a group of children were playing cricket while we were going back just next to the slum .I stopped and was watching them. All of them were from the slum some of them were our students who hadn’t come for the class I called them and scolded them because while they were playing they were using very abusive language. 


some kids play with thermocol ,its very hard to stop young once   from chewing it. Please pray for the kids.

 

Thursday :
Today as we were getting the kids ready for circle time I had to take one of the boys called Subhash to the hospital. He had gotten a splint on his leg so he was crying from pain. He had swelling too. His mom asked me to take him to hospital with one of the big boys from the slum.
After returning I was glad seeing the kids doing the worksheet. Today’s  work sheet was E for Eagle. Shanker was alone handing all the kids. Now the kids have learned to take care of the crayons and sheets. They all return them and collected the crayons them selves when they were finished .No need to shout to get them to submit them. Please keep us in your prayers.


No comments:

Post a Comment